Neymar and Cavani clash TWICE during PSG match
TRANSFER NEWS: Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea latest PLUS updates from across Europe
Sunday November 19
Villa transfer talks
4.55pm: Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce is set to hold talks with owner Tony Xia about his January transfer budget.
Villa were limited by Financial Fair Play concerns in the summer and that is likely to stay the same when the window reopens.
Bruce told The People: "The club will try to help me, I know they will. I'm due to see the chairman. He's talking to me. Money is an issue because of FFP - still.
"You don't have to be a rocket scientist to see how much money the club has spent over the years.
"We spent £2m in the summer and took in £20m. Personally, I'm in credit. But I've still got a hole to look at.
"I understand it's difficult at a club like this.”
Salah to Real Madrid
16.30: Mohamed Salah will leave Liverpool for Real Madrid before long, according to former Egypt star Mido.
Salah joined Liverpool in the summer and had been on fire this season.
His double yesterday made him the Premier League’s top goalscorer with nine goals.
And in a series of tweets, Mido said: "Congratulations to @22mosalah on becoming Egyptian to Score the most goals in Europe and still got plenty to come!!
"[I] remember when the Liverpool fans made fun of me when I said 3 years ago that Salah is 10 times better than (Raheem) Sterling..well now they know I was right !! keep going son!!
"@22mosalah got the mentality to keep playing at the top level for many years and this is what we were all Egyptians r missing when we had the chance to play in Europe.
"I believe that Salah will not stay for long at @LFC !!
"Soon he will be gone to @realmadriden #HalaMadrid".
Mohamed Salah will be on his way to Real Madrid soon, says Mido
Rangers eye Man Utd duo
14.10: Rangers are set to make an approach for Manchester United duo Ethan Hamilton and Scott McTominay.
According to the Sun scout John Brown watched them both last week and Rangers will make offers to take them both until the end of the season in January.
Hamilton, 19, joined United aged 16 from Edinburgh based Hutchinson Vale and has represented Scotland at under-19 level.
McTominay, meanwhile, has played for the United first team and started against Benfica in the Champions League last month.
However the return to fitness of Paul Pogba may allow Jose Mourinho to let him leave on a temporary deal.
Arsenal eye Nrazil winger
11.00: Arsenal are among a trio of teams monitoring Shakhtar Donetsk winger Bernard, according to reports.
Portuguese outlet blogosfera claim Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool are keeping tabs on the 25-year-old who played at the 2014 World Cup for Brazil.
Brazilian side Palmeiras are keen but his price of €13m (£11.5) seems to have put them out of the running.
Man Utd target Willian
09.45: Manchester United are ready to offer Willian a route out of west London if Chelsea are happy to sell.
Express Sport understands the Brazilian could become surplus to requirements in January with the Blues after Lucas Moura.
Should Willian's compatriot arrive from Paris Saint-Germain, Chelsea's reference would be to sell to a Chinese Super League club.
Mourinho would be keen on a reunion with the 29-year-old though as he looks to add further to his talent-rich United squad.
Transfer news live updates
Soler wants transfer
16:50: Valencia star Carlos Soler is determined to join Manchester United.
The Sun say the 20-year-old has told his club to accept any offer the Red Devils make in January.
United want to pay £45million for Soler.
But Valencia may demand a different deal, one that could see Marouane Fellaini or Andreas Pereira join permantently.
Ronaldo holding up Neymar deal
13.00: Neymar transfer to Real Madrid still needs to be signed off by one man at Real Madrid.
Neymar looks likely to to quit PSG despite his world record move last summer with Real Madrid pursuing him.
The Brazil ace appears to be the man Florentino Perez wants to eventually replace Cristiano Ronaldo as the main man at the Bernabeu.
And Ronaldo is so far the one man who has not given the club the go-ahead to bring him in, according to Spanish publication Don Balon.
Perez is said to have already met with Neymar’s father to discuss a deal and Zinedine Zidane has endorsed the deal.
Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos and Casemiro have publicly said he’d be great signing.
But Ronaldo’s go-ahead is still the sticking point.
Christensen hails loan system
12.15: Andreas Christensen insists the Chelsea loan system was perfect for him.
The Denmark defender is now in the Chelsea side after impressing in Germany.
And he believes the system worked for him despite a lot of criticism towards it.
"It's different for every player," Christensen told Sky Sports.
"I was in the right place at the right time, everything just clicked and it was perfect for me.
"That's the most important thing for the players that go out on loan. They have to find what's working for them and the perfect environment for them to develop.
"When I was on loan I took the opportunity to come back to London sometimes to watch the games and go into the dressing room after so everyone knew what was happening with my career which was a good feeling."
Chelsea monitoring Serie A duo
10.55: Chelsea are scouting Inter Milan ace Milan Skriniar this weekend, according to reports in Italy.
Antonio Conte is looking for January recruits and will run the rule over the Slovakia defender as well as Antonio Candreva.
Chelsea have struggled with at the addition of European football this term and are already since points behind league leaders Manchester City.
Sagna on Chelsea rumours
09.00: Bacary Sagna refused to be drawn on claims Antonio Conte wanted to lure him to Chelsea in August.
The former Arsenal and Manchester City star was touted as a Blues target as the transfer window drew to a close.
Sagna opted not to deny the speculation was true when asked about it by Express Sport on Friday evening.
"I’m not thinking about it [not having a club]," said Sagna.
"I’m trying to stay fit. I think I’m quite fit.
"I always give the maximum to be as competitive as possible.
"Unfortunately I didn’t find an option I would like, that’s why I’m still here [in this position].
"I’m looking forward, for December [ahead of January transfer window]."
Chelsea transfer guru Michael Emenalo (left) has left the club
Real Madrid target Man City star Sergio Aguero
06.00: Real Madrid are planning a January raid of Manchester City’s Sergio Aguero, according to reports.
Los Blancos are hoping that Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez moves to the Etihad Stadium so that their chances of landing the Argentine star heighten.
Sanchez is out of contract at the end of the season and it is largely reported that the Gunners are keen to cash in on the Chilean in January.
If that move pulls off Madrid president Florentino Perez wants to bolster the club’s striking options by bringing Aguero to the Bernabeu.
Real need a “quick fix” in the January window after a disappointing start to the season, according to Spanish publication Don Ballon.
Marouane Fellaini rejection
05:00: Juventus have rebuffed the opportunity to sign Manchester United midfielder Marouane Fellaini, reports claim.
Express Sport understands the Belgian is keen to move on, although United are adamant he won’t leave during the January transfer window.
Besiktas, Arsenal and Inter Milan are admirers of the former Everton star, who turns 30 in the coming week.
Although he hasn’t always been popular with the fans, Fellaini has been a key figure this term, scoring four times in all competitions.
And according to Goal, Fellaini’s agent spoke to Juventus about a prospective deal.
However, the club informed the player’s representative they have no desire to sign him.
Man Utd target Carlos Soler speaks out about future
04.00: Manchester United target Carlos Soler has responded to speculation linking him with a move to Old Trafford.
Jose Mourinho is thought to be keen on the 20-year-old central midfielder and has asked his superiors to make a deal happen.
But Soler refused to get drawn on his future, although he did leave the door ajar by not ruling out a possible move.
“You already know it. I’m focused on Valencia,” Coler told Cadena Cope when asked about the interest from United.
“Regarding those things [the interested from Manchester United] I know nothing.
“It would be foolish to think about those things right now.
“I have to be focused at Valencia.”
Chelsea scout Inter Milan duo
02.30: Chelsea will reportedly send scouts to Italy on Sunday to watch Inter Milan host Atalanta.
Antonio Conte is keen for an update on the development of Slovakian defender Milan Skriniar and winger Antonio Candreva.
The Blues are thinking about making a move for the Internazionale pair in the January transfer window to try and close the gap to Manchester City at top of the Premier League table.
Skriniar, 22, signed for Inter Milan in 2017 from Sampdoria and has gone on to make 12 appearances, scoring two goals.
Meanwhile, Candreva is more well known to Conte who managed him while in charge of the Italian national side.
Manchester United to renew Gareth Bale interest
01:00: Manchester United will not be deterred by Gareth Bale’s poor injury record if Real Madrid decide to sell the Wales superstar next summer.
Bale has missed 40 out of Real’s last 60 matches through a succession of injuries – and the latest problem with his thigh could keep him out until the New Year.
Express Sport understands patience with the 28-year-old is be wearing thin at the Bernabeu.
Real and Bale closed the door on United’s interest then, with the player insisting he wanted to stay in Spain.
United are ready to make an £80m move with senior figures insisting that Mourinho would be confident of getting Bale back to the level he was at during his spell with Tottenham before his £85m move in 2013.
A source said: “Jose prides himself at motivating injured players and making them feel they can run through brick walls.”
Friday November 17
Cantona blasts Neymar
23:30: Eric Cantona has questioned Neymar’s decision to quit Barcelona for PSG in the summer.
"When you are 25 years old and you are playing for Brazil and Barcelona, I wonder why you would move to Ligue 1 to play against Amiens or Guingamp?" Cantona told Yahoo Sports.
"It's not the point of view that I have on football and its passion.”
Conte on Emenalo exit
22:30: Antonio Conte says Michael Emenalo’s departure as Chelsea technical director is a big loss to the club.
Emenalo was seen as Chelsea’s transfer guru but has walked away from the club after 10 years.
“For sure, this is a loss, a big loss for us,” Conte said.
“With Michael, our relationship was very good. He helped me a lot last season, and also this season. It was a surprise for me, his resignation from his job.
“At the same time I think that we have to respect his decision, his professional decision. And I wish for him and his family the best, the best for the present and the future."
Arsenal to axe scout
21:30: Arsenal are set to lose their chief scout Steve Rowley.
In an overhaul of backroom staff at the Emirates, Rowley will leave the club after 35 years working there.
He could be kept on as a freelance basis but Arsenal are dismantling the structure around manager Arsene Wenger.
The Telegraph claim chief operations officer Trevor Saving is bringing in the changes.
Newcastle and Everton blow
20:11: Stefano Sturaro’s agent has said Everton and Newcastle are not close to signing the Juventus player.
It was claimed Newcastle and the Toffees were eyeing midfielder Sturaro.
But his agent has hit back at the reports he could leave in January for £18million.
“It is a pleasure for Stefano to be sought after by Italy and abroad during every transfer window,” he said.
“In the Premier League, for example, attentions always come from teams like Everton and Newcastle.
“But honestly, everything is very premature, he is thinking of continuing to do well with Juventus.”
Barcelona make Mina sweat
19:15: Barcelona are yet to inform Yerry Mina whether or not they will sign him in January.
Barcelona have first refusal on Colombia international Mina after coming to an agreement with his club Palmeiras in the summer.
Barca manager Ernesto Valverde is looking to restructure his defence at the end of the season, with a number of players beginning to show their age.
According to Mundo Deportivo, Barcelona are making the player sweat over their transfer decision.
The Nou Camp club have two options.
The first is to sign Mina in January for £8.9million - a deal Palmeiras were expecting to process when the agreement was made on Saturday.
However, another option is to wait until the summer, where he will be available for £8m.
Neymar to Real Madrid
19:00: Real Madrid star Dani Ceballos has become the latest player to welcome the idea of his side signing Paris Saint-Germain forward Neymar.
Real Madrid are said to be in conversation with Neymar’s father via an intermediary regarding a possible future transfer.
PSG paid £200m for the Brazil international last summer, prising him away from Barcelona.
Real captain Sergio Ramos and team-mate Casemiro have both said they would welcome Neymar to the club.
And Ceballos has echoed those sentiments.
“Madrid is where the best players should play and Neymar is among them,” he told Cadena Ser.
“I heard our captain said that he would be welcomed at the club and so I will to, you have to agree, I would open the door to him for a move to Madrid.”
Tottenham have been warned Dele Alli could leave
Ex-Arsenal midfielder is back
18:45: Former Arsenal player Mathieu Flamini is having a trial at Rayo Vallecano.
Flamini, 33, has been without a club since leaving Crystal Palace last summer.
He enjoyed two stints at Arsenal until eventually leaving the Gunners in 2016.
He is a free agent, meaning Vallecano can snap him up outside of the transfer window.
Mass Tottenham exodus
18:30: Tottenham could be set for a huge exodus if they BEAT Arsenal on Saturday.
Spurs are favourites to win the north London derby and continue their title push.
But Paul Merson reckons the team could be dismantled if they become too successful.
Merson has warned to likes of Harry Kane and Dele Alli could leave.
He told Sky Sports: “It's a big game for Tottenham though.
“If they don't win I look at Eriksen, Alli, the centre-backs and Harry Kane and I think they will move on at the end of the season. Real Madrid and Barcelona will be calling.
“It's a big season for Tottenham, they could be dismantled otherwise.”
Manchester United are known suitors of Kane, while Real Madrid have been linked with Alli in the past.
United in particular are thought to have Kane on their long-term radar, with with Gareth Bale and Antoine Griezmann.
Barcelona's Yerry Mina puts on impressive defensive performance
Conte on Chelsea transfers
18:00: Antonio Conte has explained why he let Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Tammy Abraham leave Chelsea go out on loan this season.
Loftus-Cheek has impressed at Crystal Palace and recently earned his England debut alongside fellow international first-timer Abraham.
Chelsea have struggled, especially in midfield this season, but Conte says he doesn’t regret letting the England duo leave.
He said: “I think we are talking about two young players – two really good players – and for sure Ruben and Tammy will be the future for Chelsea. Now it is right for them to play regularly.
“For Ruben, it’s perfect for him to play this season – important for his development – and then to come back and play for Chelsea with great maturity.”
- Liverpool news: Alberto Moreno makes Philippe Coutinho DEMAND
- Neymar to Real Madrid: Another Bernabeu player requests shock transfer
- Barcelona transfer news: Valverde makes defender sweat over signing